Monday, December 22, 2008

Someday You Will Be Loved

So last night i was driving home and i was listening to death cab, and the song Someday You Will Be Loved came on, and i started getting emotional, so luckly that happened like... right before i got home, so i stayed in the car and just listened to the words and let them sink in, and i realised it felt like it was a letter from my future self, to my "past" self (well... present).


so im blogging the lyrics

"I once knew a girl in the years of my youth,
With eyes like the summer: all beauty and truth.
But in the morning I fled; left a note and it read,
"Someday you will be loved."

I can not pretend that I felt any regret,
'Cause each broken heart will eventually mend.
As the blood runs red down the needle and thread,
Someday you will be loved.

You’ll be loved, you’ll be loved.
Like you never have known.
And the memories of me will seem more like bad dreams.
Just a series of blurs like I never occurred.
Someday you will be loved.

You may feel alone when you’re falling asleep,
And every time tears roll down your cheeks.
But I know your heart belongs to someone you’ve yet to meet.
And someday you will be loved.

You’ll be loved, you’ll be loved.
Like you never have known.
And the memories of me will seem more like bad dreams.
Just a series of blurs like I never occurred.
Someday you will be loved.
Someday you will be loved."


so im going to explain it a bit, so you understand how it applies.

the line "in the morning i fled, left a note and it read, someday you will be loved" is kind of like... my future self coming back to now, leaving me a note (the song).

and the line "I can not pretend that I felt any regret, 'Cause each broken heart will eventually mend." is kind of how i feel, like i dont really regret anything, even things that really hurt, because i know that if i havent learned from it now, i will learn from it later, and will be okay again.

and the line "and the memories of me will seem more like bad dreams, just a series of blurs like i never occurred" i imagine the memories being the ones of my loneliness, and hurt-filled self. and i mean i can imagine them being just a series of blurs, because usually when your happy you dont feel or imagine pain as sharply as when your actually engulfed by it.

so yeah.


i really like this song....


a lot.


oh and, ive kind of forgotten how good death cab is. and i actually listened to whole songs from that CD without having to force myself.


i think im, slowly but surely, coming back to life. :D

No comments: