Saturday, May 16, 2009

The day i almost died.

So.



i almost died the other day.



well... more like... i SHOULD have died. or been seriously injured...




heres the story.


ill give a biiiit of backround first.



my power steering has been acting funky... didnt know why... put in more fluid, found out that my hose is broken so power steering=non-existant till i get a new hose... a guy i know looked at it to tell me that its broken, and told me that my tire is flat/low and the tread is wearing down on the SIDES of the tire... which is bad.



so i filled up my tire asap and thought i would be fine... which i was... driving without power steering isnt that bad... but i thought my tire would be fine once i filled it up and i wouldnt have to worry about the tread on the side until its low again.



so i was fine for a while...


and then i was driving on the 125, getting off to go onto the 94 cause i was going to pick up my Deaf World book from Spencer before class and well... when i was on the offramp to spring st/94 i ran over a MAJJJOORRRR pot hole.



like.... major.


it made my CD player stop cause it jerked my car so bad.


so i was thinkin "dannngg! that was rediculous" and then i kept driving because i didnt have much farther till my destination, but then i noticed that my power steering was harder but i was thinking "ill just check it out when im parked, i dont have that much farther" so im driving on the 94 slowly to go easy on my car, and so that people pass me so that they arent around in case something bad DOES happen... so im goin like 50-55mph and im driving over like overpasses n stuff to the streets below, and i drive over one, and im fine... then i start to drive over another and then



BOOM!



my CD player stops again and my car starts turning side to side like crazy status. and its like really difficult to steer and so im like FREAKING OUT and i pull over after the overpass ON THE FREEWAY which is scary to be sitting in a parked car in itself, so i turn on my hazard lights and just sit there for a while just like... trying to calm down because it seriously was so rediculously scary! and then i call spencer and told him "ummm..... im on the side of the freeway.... and i think my tire exploded...." so he asked me where i was and came to help... and as im waiting i have to transfer everything from my trunk to the backseat of my car so i can get the spare out, and i look at my tire and it looked like someone stabbed it 10 times...


so Spencer parks behind me and we take out my spare and try and get off the bolts and the freeking wrench thingy broke! like the part that goes over the bolt completely just like... cracked down the middle... so were like "well... now what?" so i call AAA and they come fairly fast actually, and change my tire for me and then i drive off happily ever after...



BUT


then that night i was talking to my dad and found out that the passenger front tire is the worst one to blow out... especially on the freeway because it can pull you into the car next to you... and well... when it blew out i was on an over pass so either i would have hit the overpass wall and totalled my car, or driven/broken through and OFF the over pass, landing on the street below thus totaling my car, and dying, and most likely cause a crash.... or after the over pass, i could have rolled off the side of the freeway (there was an onramp after the overpass) thus totalling my car, and possibly dying...



or

i could have spun out, gotten hit by a bajillion cars and died, or killed someone, thus totalling my car...



so pretty much.



i was really blessed to not have died that day... or been seriously injured... like... i could be in the hospital right now... but by the grace of God im completely unharmed...


just a little shaken up, and thankful im alive.

5 comments:

Adam S. said...

wow!

thats crazy. Im thankful that nothing harmed you! but thats intense yo

Tubbums said...

Holy crap! When you told me to read your blog last night I was not expecting this... i mean DANG!! Well praise God that your alright and that your car is fine. And thank God for AAA too! haha. Well, at least now you know when to not keep your tire on your car anymore.

Tubbums said...

P.S. I'm really sorry I kicked your volleyball way out into the street yesterday, I saw the notes on it and felt bad cause I know that it sucks to lose something sentimental like that. So yeah, at least Noah got but still I just thought about that today. Again, sorry.

Summer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Summer said...

hah its alright, yeah it is sentimental but Jackie didnt die or anything so its not like i have nothing left of him, and you didnt do it on purpose with the intentions of it being lost, and noah got it back, so its all good.

what's done is done. dont dwell on it.