Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Job

I really need a job right now. Last week at my Monday family dinner thing, we decided to pray and try to listen to what God has for us as to why we cant find a job.

Well, through that i found out that my family has $120,000 in mortgage to still pay off because we keep having to take out equity on the house to pay for our bills. (we only had 60,000 left when my dad's business went under)

Also, my family are shareholders in owning these apartments in PB, and well... through re-doing the mortgage (a friend of ours was going to help so he makes sure we get more profit than we were before), well... he went bankrupt, and we ended up losing $800,000 in the deal. We wanted to sue him, but what is it worth to sue a bankrupt guy?

SO, at dinner last week, I decided that as soon as I get a job, I am going to give at LEAST 25% of every paycheck I get, to my parents. AND I am going to actually tithe every week as apposed to when I have extra cash in my pockets with nothing im planning to buy. Also, I'm going to donate a portion of my paychecks to charity.

I decided that I wanted to be selfless with my money as much as possible.

I mean, I'm surviving without a job, (sort of) even though I was using the money I got from my school grant, but still, it lasted me enough time for my next school year, plus, this year I don't have to buy a new car.

but still.

I need a job, because I'm not going to be getting any sort of money for another 2 months at the least! and I need to pay like $300 for school books!

The only good thing about my family being poor is that we qualify for grants and fee-waivers and such, because my classes would have cost my family $546!!! but instead, since we qualified, they only cost $5!

we are surviving, but we can't keep going like this.

I need a job
I need to provide for my family

2 comments:

Nehemiah P. said...

You'll get one. But as you know tithing is the key. I hear a lot about people tithing out of debt. When i get my job that is what I will do.

Maddie Mae said...

You have such a big heart! We need more people like you in the world. Keep your promise!